NormaTec Recovery System At Your Local Randwick Sports Physio PracticeThe Movement Centre is proud to offer NormaTec compression boots and hip attachments as part of our health services. NormaTec is a world-class recovery system used with great success post-surgically, following intensive exercise and even to freshen up the legs in individuals working on their feet all day long. Whether NormaTec recovery system is used to improving fluid flow in and around a surgery or injury site, assist in the removal of waste from the muscles following training, or aiding relaxation following extended time on your feet you don’t have to be an elite athlete to enjoy the benefits of NormaTec. Although most of our customers utilize our NormaTec Recovery System for recovery between training sessions a number of our post surgical patients following ACL reconstructions, Achilles tendon repair, ankle stabilizations, or internal fixation of fractures enjoy the benefits of dynamic compression in reducing inflammation & swelling.
Normatec Recovery System is ideal for individuals looking to:
- Assist the rehabilitation of lower limb injuries such as calf strains, quad strains as well as hamstring strains.
- Manage post surgical swelling in the legs following lower limb surgery.
- Optimising recovery from training loads.
- Freshening up the legs in preparation for a match or event.
What does it feel like?“NormaTec Pulse Massage Pattern” employs 3 key techniques to maximise recovery: Similar to the kneading and stroking performed during a relaxing massage, with the NormaTec compression each segment of the attachment will first compress in a pulsing manner then release. This process will repeat for each segment of the attachment as the compression pattern works its way progressively up your limbs.
- Pulsing: The patented pulsing action mimics the muscle pump action of the legs and arms, greatly enhancing the movement of fluid and metabolites out of the limbs after any intense workout.
- Gradients: “NormaTec Pulse Technology” uses hold pressures to keep fluids from being forced in the wrong direction, delivering optimized pressure in every zone.
- Distal Release: The “Sequential Pulse Technology” releases hold pressures once they are no longer needed. By releasing the hold pressure in each zone as soon as possible, each portion of the limb gains maximal rest time without significant pausing between the compression cycles.
Is the NormaTec Recovery System right for me?NormaTec can help in many situations but isn’t for everyone. You should not use NormaTec compression treatment if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- Deep vein thrombosis, or pulmonary embolism
- Acute infections
- Wounds, lesions, or tumours at, or near the site of compression
- Fractures or dislocations at or near the site of compression
- Previous inguinal (groin) lymph node surgery/excision
- Acute pulmonary oedema
- Acute congestive cardiac failure
- Acute thrombophlebitis
- Any conditions where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable