Knee Pain At The Movement Centre
Do you have soreness in your knee joint? If you do, you are in good company, with anterior knee pain being one of the most common pain complaints in any population. Often referred to as Runner’s Knee or Jumper’s Knee, soreness at the front of the knee is highly prevalent in the exercise community. Despite how widespread this condition is, there is plenty your podiatrist can do to assure you’re out of pain in no time.
Anterior knee pain is an umbrella term for many conditions and injuries, which include:
- Patellofemoral syndrome – discomfort behind the knee cap
- Patella tendonitis – pain in the tendon above or below the knee cap
- Osgood-Schlatter’s disease – strain of the growth plate in adolescents
- Osteoarthritis – Arthritis within the knee joint
- Fat pad syndrome – Inflammation of the fat pad behind the knee
It is important that your knee discomfort is diagnosed correctly and that your treatment program addresses the cause of your knee discomfort.
What are some causes of anterior knee pain?
- Sudden increase or change in activity, particularly for runners or certain occupations
- Hip and knee musculature weakness
- Poor foot posture or leg biomechanics
- Unequal thigh muscle and tendon tension – causing pressure on the knee cap
So what can be done about your knee discomfort?
The most important thing you can do to manage your anterior knee pain is to have your podiatrist assess and properly diagnose your pain and assure you’re set on a good treatment path. At The Movement Centre, we begin with a thorough history and a biomechanical assessment to look at what is happening mechanically at your legs, particularly your feet, hips and knees. After we have assessed you, identified risk factors and potential causes for your pain, we write a bespoke treatment plan for you. Possible treatment options may include:
- Modifying your exercise or occupational load
- Prescribe strengthening or stretches for particular muscle groups
- Address foot biomechanics issues through proper footwear and orthotics. This is a great way to reduce stress at your knees
If you have been struggling with knee discomfort, make sure you book in to see your podiatrist at The Movement Centre. We are able to assess, diagnose and cater an individualised treatment pathway based on your presentation. Don’t live with pain any longer, call us or book online to make an appointment today.
The best project you'll
ever work on is you.
THE MOVEMENT CENTRE
Book An Appointment Online
THE MOVEMENT CENTRE
Call us on
At your local Movement Centre in Randwick, Sydney you can easily book an appointment online, call us or send us an email at info @ movementcentre.co to check how we can help you become a healthier version of you.
We have a HICAPS terminal for fast on the spot processing of private health insurance claims. Our appointments are not covered by medicare, however if you have a Chronic Disease Management Plan from your doctor then we can process your medicare rebate in the practice following payment of the relevant appointment fee.Email Us